Tuesday, May 15, 2007

D Wade/ Charles Barkley & T Mobile

I still find myself smiling at the Charles Barkley/Dwayne Wade T-moblie commercials. I thought I might rank the three that I have seen. I wish I could relate to Dwayne's desire to get into Chuck's 5, I have Cingular, we yet have adapted the new "Who's in your 5?" slogan. I'm searching for some deeper meaning behind it, but honestly I think they are just trying to sell.


#3. This is actually the one I just recently saw. Maybe it's the fact that I'm not the biggest golfing fan. Is it just me or is Charles getting so fat he has trouble speaking. I mean he hasn't always been the most articulate speaker, but it has definitely gotten worse. Oh and the pink doesn't help. Finally, you would think if D Wade (last years finals MVP) could win the championship for his team single handily, under the harshest of conditions, he could sink a put with nothing but a cell phone ring to break his concentration.





#2. The classic "...is this your dad?" This was brilliant writing. You can never go wrong with that type of joke. I do wonder, why is it a skinny blond who recognizes the two. I do realize that Wade's #3 jersey is one of the highest selling jerseys, and he was on a beautiful people list I believe. But still... I don't know a girl that would recognize D Wade in a restaurant like that, and Barkley even less. If someone can prove me wrong please do.


#1. "Sexay..." It was a little unnatural, but funny. Chuck's dunk that they watch was spectacular, he was impressive. But the gigantic self portrait of Charles in is living room is what sold me. Seeing that proved that they were actually in his house, on his sofa, watching his tv... that's dedication. How do we feel about gigantic self portraits in our homes?

1 comment:

Dave Axelgard said...

zach, buddy, it may be time for a new post...:)